Saturday, November 7, 2009

Twos a Crowd





Been working on SPARTINA sanding, scraping and Fairing. Brought URCHIN over for the varnish I was going to do before going to MD. That time was taken up repairing trailer lights. Scraped URCHINs starboard gunwale.
Cleaned the studio, mowed, leaf raked, stacked firewood, moved plants to the lab. tired.




There is something very comforting about seeing your winter heat stacked next to your front door. I make the stove wood pile about four feet high; that's shoulder height for me. Then I start the second pile in front and use that as a step stool to finish the first stack. I go as high as I can reach. Pete will finish off the top, while I start the next pile on the other side of the porch. We fit about a cord and a half on the porch. This is my pile. I can snag a piece on my way in after work or run out for a piece barefoot in jammies. Pete will make a big pile in back for the rest. He will put on boots and gloves for his pile.

No comments: