Thursday, March 5, 2009


Today, I glued up the rudder blanks.
Yesterday, I built the middle temporary bulkhead for the Core Sound. Spartina is the name of the boat.

It is a marsh grass that grows along the water, peat, and muck boundaries at the Cape. It is a beautiful color green. I have painted a few of my boats this color, so they blend in, rather than detract from the view when they are left at the landings.

I also made a jig for gluing up the test panels for filler materials. I have collected chopped glass, silica, dryer lint, linen tow, polyester waste, phenolic microballoons, and fly ash. I am planning to compare weight and strength of these materials at an angle between the chine and keel angles. I am using 120 degrees as the test angle.

No comments: