Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Cradle and Bow
Shortened the cradle today to make sanding easier. It was nice to have it up high for the unfolding part, but now that I have to work on the inside and all the wires are out, it is easier down low. I am glad I put the wheels on. It rolls nicely in a straight line so even from the ladder I could pull it to a new workspace.
I finished pulling the wires from the bow section. Like orthodontics in a big way. I had to go to my orthodontist today. She is the best.
Faired and sanded the joints between sides & bottom.
Yesterday, I installed the inner keel and taped the bow seams. Installed an oak backing plate for the bow eye. Faired the seat supports.